Internal research has revealed some common attributes among ABC Signup administrative users, the folks who use the class registration software day in and out to manage registrations: Users are:
- Quite deft at whipping together a brunch quiche when Cousin Skip from Omaha shows up unexpectedly on a Saturday.
- We also know 85% of ABC Signup’s super users are female. From experience, we have learned 99.9% of them are professional, good-natured, patient, and a pleasure to work with. (We’re calling you out, Wilma Jean.)
- The typical organization has been an ABC Signup online registration software customer for five years.
- On average, our customers conduct 10 to 12 classes, trainings, or other programs each month. A very small number of customers hold annual events such as conferences. That is the only time each year they need a registration management solution. On the other end of the spectrum, some users hold more than one thousand classes and trainings each year.
- Most users require registration management for programs we generally describe as training, whether it is employee refreshers, teacher workshops, learning a new software system, courses for customers, professional continuing education, or community classes such as birthing or billiards.
- Classes on average have thirty students signed up. However, some classes are very small because of their highly-technical subject matter and price tag. Such classes have a half-dozen or fewer students.
- A vast majority (88%) of users collect payments or at least track financial activity related to their programs.
- Sixty-eight percent (68%) who track financials (and 60% of all users) accept online payments. Many of them have unique and complex fee challenges, such as multi-person or multi-class discounts (which only apply on Tuesdays if the registrant is wearing a red poly-cotton blend sweater).
- Continuing education is a big deal as well for a majority of users. Sixty-two percent (62%) have activated CE functionality in their account, which allows them to capture, track, and report on myriad CE data. That data must be available in real-time for students as well as sanctioning organizations.
- User job titles are varied, including administrative assistants, technology directors, training leaders, assistant deans, CE directors, human resources VPs, and registration managers. Users also include a fair number of business owners.
- Titles of classes are just as diverse, including Performance Management Training, Basic Life Support, Nurse Aid Skills, Using Density Software to Engage Student Learning, Tai Chi for Health and Arthritis, Behavior Intervention Strategies, Case-Based Pharmacological Pain Management, and Advanced Expressive Watercolor. Coincidently, these are all classes offered daily in ABC Signup’s breakroom.
- We really learned there is no such thing as a typical ABC Signup user. They are a diverse group with unique challenges. And no matter how often or how large their classes and events are, each one is just as critical as the one before and the next one on the schedule.
Where do you see yourself on the spectrum? If you’re exploring online registration management software options, we would love to learn about your unique challenges. Please tell us how to reach you below.